Baal Aadhaar is a Aadhaar card for children below the age of 5 years. The Aadhaar enrollment for children is quite similar to that of adults. The Aadhaar card for a child or 'Baal Aadhaar' will be issued Free of Cost. If the children is below 5 years of age there will be no bio metric data required of the child but you have to take the child to Aadhaar center as the photograph will be taken of the child, and the bio metrics will be required of any of the parents who have Aadhaar card and the Baal Aadhaar will be linked to the parents Aadhaar card.
When the child turns 5 years, his/her bio metrics (facial photograph, fingerprints and iris scan) has to be updated on their Aadhaar Card. The first update happens once when the child turns 5 years old and it is updated again mandatory once the child is 15 years old.
Documents Required for Baal Aadhaar
The parents of the child have to provide the below following documents to get their child enrolled for the Baal Aadhaar Card:
- Any Parent has to provide the birth certificate of their newborn child (under 5 years of age) for enrolling the child for Baal Aadhaar.
- Anyone of the parents has to provide their original Aadhaar card while registering for their child's Baal Aadhaar Card as it will be linked with the Aadhaar card of the parent.
Steps for Online Registration of Baal Aadhaar Card
- Book an appointment.
- To Book an Appointment at UIDAI run Aadhaar Seva Kendra,select your City/Location.
- Click on "Proceed to Book Appointment.
- Click on New Aadhaar.
- Enter your mobile number that you want to registered with the Aadhaar card.Enter four digit captcha code, if you are unable to read the captcha you can request for new captcha by clicking on "Refresh Captcha".
- Click on generate OTP.
- Enter OTP that you have received on your mobile then click on verify, if you have not received OTP on your mobile check your network connection or it may be delay due to server problem in that case you need to click on resend OTP.
- Select HOF in "Application Variation Type".
- Select your State, City.Select Seva Kendra. then click on "Next".
- Enter personal details of child. Select Birth certificate in proof of date of birth.Enter your email id.
- Enter One of parents details who have Aadhaar card and whose bio metrics will be taken at the time of enrolling for Aadhaar.Select Birth Certificate as relation's proof.
- Book date and time slot then click on "Next".
- Review your application if all the details are correct click on "Submit". Click on "OK"
- Click on application form and take a print out.
Visit Enrollment Center
After registering for online you need to go to the enrollment center, that you have selected with your kid as a photo will be taken by the officer, at the fixed date of the appointment. Make sure that you have all the mentioned documents handy for the registration process and also take the print out of the online registration process along with the documents.The verification is done by the concerned official, if the kid is 5 years of age, the bio metric information will be gathered and if the kid is below 5 years the bio metric information of anyone of the parents having Aadhaar card will be gathered, it will be linked to the Aadhaar card.
After the confirmation process, you will be given an acknowledgement number which helps you to track the application. You will require EID (Enrollment ID) to check your Aadhaar Status. The EID is displayed on the top of your enrollment/update acknowledgement slip and contains 14 digit enrollment number and the 14 digit date and time of enrollment. Enter the captcha verification code displaying in image then click on status.
If you have lost EID you can retrieve lost or forgotten EID by your registered mobile number. To retrieve your forgotten EID you need to enter your full name, your register mobile number or register email id then enter the captcha verification code displaying in image then click on send OTP. enter the eight digit OTP that you have received then click on login, your EID and 14 digit date and time of enrollment will be send to your registered mobile number or registered email id.
Aadhaar Card Delivery
Once the verification is completed, you will be notified through SMS to your registered mobile number. After all the above process, within 60 days of receiving the SMS, the Baal Aadhaar Card will be issued to the child.You can download the e-Aadhaar card within 15 days of Verification Process.