mAadhaar is an official mobile application developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) with the goal of reaching out to large numbers of smart phone users. The Application features an array of Aadhaar services and a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder.
The key features in mAadhaar are:-
- Aadhaar number holder profile download:-A convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
- TOTP generation:-Time-based one-time password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Bio-metric locking/unlocking:- To secure bio-metric authentication by locking bio-metrics data. Once resident enables bio-metric locking system their bio-metric remains locked till the Aadhaar holder chose to either unlock it (which is temporary) or disable the locking system.
- Update profile:-An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar number holder:-Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.
- Locate an enrollment center :- mAadhaar helps the user find the nearest Enrollment Center.
You can avail all these services by following below given steps:-
1 Install mAadhaar app
To avail all the services provided by mAadhaar you need to install the application if you are an android user then you need to visit play store and search for "mAadhaar" application and then click on "install" button. If you are an iPhone user then you need to visit the application store and then you need to search for "mAadhaar" application and then you need to click on "get" button.
2 Open the application
After installing the application you need to click on "open" button to open the application.
3 Allow all permission
When you will open the application you will be required to give all the permission that it will ask.
4 Read all services
After opening the app you will get the details of services provided by mAadhaar application you can read all the services and if you don't want to read these details you can click on "Skip" button to proceed further.
5 Click on "I Consent"
Now you will be required to click on "I Consent" button to proceed further.
6 Select language
After clicking on "I Consent" button you will be directed to select language place where "English" will be selected by default but you can change the language by clicking on "English" where you will get 12 language(Hindi, Assamese, Bangla, Gujrati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odiya, Pubjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu) you can select any language and after selection the language click on "Done" button. and then click on "continue" button.
7 Enter mobile number
Now you will be required to enter your mobile number on which the OTP will send, enter the mobile number and then click on "Next" button.
8 Enter the OTP
Now you will receive an OTP on your mobile number. wait for 30 second and check your network connection and incoming facility in case if you have not received the otp then you can click on "Resend" button after entering successfully the OTP you can click on "Submit" button.
9 Click on "Register My Aadhaar"
Now to avail all services from mAadhaar you need to register your Aadhaar with mAadhaar application for that you need to have your registered mobile number that you have linked with your Aadhaar card in case you have not linked your Aadhaar with your mobile number or you don't have the registered mobile number then you need to update your number with your Aadhaar
. To register your Aadhaar with mAadhaar click on "Register My Aadhaar"
10 Enter your Aadhaar number
Now you need to enter your Aadhaar number then you need to click on "Next" button.
11 Enter OTP
Now you will receive an OTP on your Aadhaar linked mobile number. wait for 30 second and check your network connection and incoming facility in case if you have not received the otp then you can click on "Resend" button after entering successfully the OTP you can click on "Submit" button.