How To Update Bio Metrics of Children In Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar card is a 12 digit individual identification number which serves as proof of identity and proof of address for residents of India. The Aadhaar enrollment for children is quite similar to that of adults.The Aadhaar card for a child or 'Baal Aadhaar' will be issued Free of Cost. If the children is below 5 years of age there will be no bio metric data required of the child.
If you child has a Baal Aadhaar and the child turns 5 years then his/her bio metrics (facial photograph, fingerprints and iris scan) has to be updated on their Aadhaar Card. The first update has to be done when the child turns 5 years old and second update has to be done when the child is 15 years old. If you want to update your child's bio metrics then you need to visit Aadhaar center with your child but before visiting the center you need to book an appointment, to book the appointment you need to follow below given steps:-
Steps for updating Aadhaar Card Online
- First Book an appointment.
- To Book an Appointment you need to click on "Proceed to Book Appointment" button given below.
- Enter your mobile number then enter captcha, if you are unable to read the captcha you can click on "Try Another" link, after entering the correct captcha you need to click on "send OTP button" given below.
- You will receive an OTP on you number please check the network connection and incoming facility. Please wait for some time to receive the OTP and after receiving the OTP enter the OTP and click on "Submit OTP and Proceed" Button given below.
- To update the Aadhaar card you need to click on "Update Aadhaar" button.
- Enter details as per child's Aadhaar card enter Name and Aadhaar number.
- Select the field that you want to update, you need to click on "Bio metrics" after this you need to click on tick box that the child is below 18 years, after this you need to enter the date of birth of the child and then click on "Proceed" button. given below.
- After clicking on "Proceed" button you will be directed to updated details page where you need to check the address which is showing is the same address you want to update in your Aadhaar card if yes then you need to tick yes on disclosure section then you can click on submit button and if not then you can click on "edit" button where you can re-write the address and then you can click on "Submit button"
- Click on "Book Appointment" button. Your application is submitted and you can check your appointment ID.
- Now you need to search the enrollment center you can search by center name if you know the center name and if you don't know the center you can search the center by entering pin code it will show the list of centers and you can choose the center according to your feasibility.
- After searching your nearest enrollment center you need to click on "Book Appointment" button.
- Now you need to decide when you need to visit the enrollment center. Select the date on which you want visit the center. Remember that if the date is showing in red colour you cannot select that date, you need to select the date that is showing in green colour. if you want to book an appointment on a specific date and it is showing red then you can change the center by above address bar which is showing the current center all you need to do is click on Aadhaar center address that you have chosen and you will get some other Aadhaar center location, check every center for the specific date and if it showing green on that date then select that date
- After selecting the date you need to select the time slot. Select green time slot to book appointment successfully and then click on "Submit button".
- Now you need to confirm your booking, you will be charged 50rs for updating Aadhaar for payment you have option to pay online or you can pay at center, if you wish to pay the fees on center then you need to click to click on "Confirm" button and if you want to pay online then you need to unselect the "Pay at Center" button.
- After paying charges or clicking on confirm button you will be required to download the application with appointment id in it, please download the file and print it as you need to take it to the Aadhaar center.
Visit Enrollment Center
After registering for online you need to go to the enrollment center on the selected date and time slot you need to carry your original Aadhaar, appointment receipt that you have downloaded. Your Bio metrics and photos will be taken by the Aadhaar officer and then you will receive an Acknowledgement receipt please keep this slip in a safe place and note down the Acknowledgement number. You will also need to carry a valid address ID proof, you can check below given list for valid address ID proof:-
Valid address id proof acceptable for updating Aadhaar
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months
- Water Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrollment/ update
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution on letterhead or Photo ID having address issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- CGHS/ ECHS Card
- Kissan Passbook
After the confirmation process, you will be given an acknowledgement number which helps you to track the application. You will require EID (Enrollment ID) to check your Aadhaar Status. The EID is displayed on the top of your enrollment/update acknowledgement slip and contains 14 digit enrollment number and the 14 digit date and time of enrollment. Enter the captcha verification code displaying in image then click on status.
If you have lost EID you can retrieve lost or forgotten EID by your registered mobile number. To retrieve your forgotten EID you need to enter your full name, your register mobile number or register email id then enter the captcha verification code displaying in image then click on send OTP. enter the eight digit OTP that you have received then click on login, your EID and 14 digit date and time of enrollment will be send to your registered mobile number or registered email id.
Aadhaar Card Update
Once the verification is completed, you will be notified through SMS on your registered mobile number within 7 working day's then You can download the e-Aadhaar card.
Your child's bio metrics will be update in his/her Aadhaar card within 90 days of visiting the center and if it's not updated within 90 days you can call Aadhaar customer care on "1947" or you can email on "email@example.com".