Aadhaar card is a 12 digit individual identification number which serves as proof of identity and proof of address for residents of India. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enroll for Aadhaar. Aadhaar number is unique for each individual and will remain valid for life time. Aadhaar number will help the residents to avail various services provided by banking, mobile phone connections and other Govt and Non-Govt services in due course.
If you have recently changed your address and you want to update your new address in your Aadhaar then you need to have a Valid Address Proof of new address or a Address Validation Letter (For those without Valid Address Proof), on basis on them you can update your address.
If you wants to update your Aadhaar card address you can update it via Aadhaar self service portal by following below given steps:-
1 Go to Aadhaar self service portal
To update Aadhaar online you need to go to official website. Where you need to click on "Proceed to Update Aadhaar" Button.
2 Enter your Aadhaar Number
After clicking on "Proceed to Update Aadhaar" button you will be directed to update Aadhaar page where you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar card number after this you need to enter the captcha that is showing on right side, if you are not able to read the captcha or the captcha image is corrupted then you need to click on captcha reload button. After entering the captcha successfully you need to click on "Send OTP" Button.
3 Enter the OTP
To update your Aadhaar card you must have registered mobile number (The number provided at the time of enrollment or updated subsequently.) in your Aadhaar using this update portal. You will received the OTP on your mobile phone please check your network connection and incoming facility, sometimes because of server issue it will take a while wait for some time then enter the OTP and click on login.
4 Click on "Update Demographics Data" button
After login in into Aadhaar self service portal you need to click on "Update Demographics Data" button to update your Aadhaar card address.
5 Click on address
After clicking on "Update Demographics Data" you need to select a field that you want to update remember that there is no restriction on updating your address, after selecting address click on "Proceed" button given below.
6 Click on "I am aware" and "Proceed" button
After Clicking on address you will receive a pop window in which read all instructions carefully and if you are agree then you can mark tick on "Yes, I am aware" and then click on "Proceed" button.
7 Enter your details
To update your address you need to write your new address, if you want to change father name or want to add husband name you need to write the correct one at "Care of" then enter your address details, select your city and states after this you need to select your post office.
8 Upload valid document
Now you will be required to upload a valid document for that you can check the below given list of documents. To upload the document you need to click on select where you need to select that which document you are uploading and then click on "Upload Document" button remember that the valid size is 2MB and the format of the document should be JPEG, PNG, PDF only. If you are uploading passport then you need to upload the front inner side contains your Name, Date of Birth and photo and Back side of passport contains your address. After uploading the document you need to click on preview to review your application.
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Ration Card
- Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution on letterhead or Photo ID having address issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Pensioner Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS/ ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrollment/ update
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrollment/ update
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/ UT Governments/ Administrations
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
- Passport of Spouse
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/ State Govt. (not more than 3 years old)
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Government, containing address
- Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Govt. of Rajasthan
- Certificate from Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrollment/ update
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by Municipal Councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrollment/ update
- Identity Card issued by recognized educational institutions
- SSLC book having photograph
- School Identity card
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing Name and Address
- Extract of School Records containing Name, Address and Photograph issued by Head of School
- Certificate of Identity containing Name, Address and Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrollment/ update
- Certificate of identity containing Name, DOB and Photograph issued by Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrollment/ update.
9 Preview your data
After clicking on "Preview" you will get the details of your address that you want to update on your Aadhaar card if you think the details are not correct then you can click on "edit" button given at the left bottom of the application.
10 Enter captcha
After successfully reviewing your application you need to enter the captcha for verification. The captcha will be a code that is showing in the image if you are unable to read the captcha then you can click on reload button which is adjacent to captcha image after entering captcha click on "Send OTP" button.
11 Enter OTP
After verifying the captcha details you need to enter the otp that you will received on your registered mobile number please check your network connection and incoming facility, sometimes because of server issue it will take a while wait for some time then enter the OTP and mark tick on "I here by confirm".
12 Click On make payment
After clicking on "I here by confirm" you need to pay the Aadhaar updating fee which is 50rs to pay the fee you need to click on "Make Payment" button now you will be directed to payment page where you can make payment through Credit card/ debit card or Net Banking.
14 Download acknowledgement receipt
After paying the amount successfully you will be required to download the acknowledgement receipt for your future reference. You can check Aadhaar update status online.
Add new comment