Aadhaar card is a 12 digit individual identification number which serves as proof of identity and proof of address for residents of India. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enroll for Aadhaar. Aadhaar number is unique for each individual and will remain valid for life time. Aadhaar number will help the residents to avail various services provided by banking, mobile phone connections and other Govt and Non-Govt services in due course.
If you have recently change your name or you have recently got married and wants change your surname and wants to change your address according to the marriage certificate then you can update it via Aadhaar self service portal but remember that you need to have the number that you have registered at the time of making Aadhaar card and if you don't have the number then you can update it via Aadhaar Seva Kendra to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra you need to book an appointment, you can book an appointment by following below given steps:-:--
Steps for updating Aadhaar Card Online
- First Book an appointment.
- To Book an Appointment you need to click on "Proceed to Book Appointment" button given below. You can book appointment at two Kendra one is UIDAI run Aadhaar Seva Kendra and second is Registrar run Aadhaar Seva Kendra, you need to book appointment on Registrar run Aadhaar Seva Kendra as you can find them near by your house.
- Enter your mobile number then enter captcha, if you are unable to read the captcha you can click on "Try Another" link, after entering the correct captcha you need to click on "send OTP button" given below.
- You will receive an OTP on you number please check the network connection and incoming facility. Please wait for some time to receive the OTP and if you have not received the OTP up to one minute you can click on "RESEND OTP" link given below, after receiving the OTP enter the OTP and click on "Submit OTP and Proceed" Button given below.
- To update the Aadhaar card you need to click on "Update Aadhaar" button.
- Enter details as per your Aadhaar card you need to enter your Name and Aadhaar number.
- Select the field that you want to update, you need to click on "Name" and then click on "Proceed" button given below.
- Enter your new name carefully you need to check the spelling of your name with the proof that you are providing, then click on "save and proceed" button given below.
- After clicking on "save and proceed"
- Click on "Book Appointment" button. Your application is submitted and you can check your appointment ID.
- Now you need to search the enrollment center you can search by center name if you know the center name and if you don't know the center you can search the center by entering pin code it will show the list of centers and you can choose the center according to your feasibility.
- After searching your nearest enrollment center you need to click on "Book Appointment" button.
- Now you need to decide when you need to visit the enrollment center. Select the date on which you want visit the center. Remember that if the date is showing in red colour you cannot select that date, you need to select the date that is showing in green colour.
- After selecting the date you need to select the time slot. Select green time slot to book appointment successfully and then click on "Submit button".
- Now you need to confirm your booking, you will be charged 50rs for updating Aadhaar for payment you have option to pay online or you can pay at center, if you wish to pay the fees on center then you need to click to click on "Confirm" button and if you want to pay online then you need to unselect the "Pay at Center" button.
- After paying charges or clicking on confirm button you will be required to download the application with appointment id in it, please download the file and print it as you need to take it to the Aadhaar center.
Visit Enrollment Center
After registering for online you need to go to the enrollment center on the selected date and time slot you need to carry your original Aadhaar, appointment receipt that you have downloaded and proof of your new Date of birth for the proof of your date of birth you can check below given list.
Valid document proof acceptable for updating Aadhaar
- Marriage certificate with photograph
- Certificate of identify having photo issued by gazetted officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Legal name change certificate
- Voter id
- Pan card
- Driving license
- Gazette notification
- CGHS / ECHS photo card
- Kissan photo passbook
- Freedom fighter photo card
- Pensioner photo card
- Photo credit card
- Photo bank ATM card
- Arms license
- Ration/PDS photo card
- Photo id issued by recognized educational institution
- NREGA job card
- Government photo id cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
After the confirmation process, you will be given an acknowledgement number which helps you to track the application. You will require EID (Enrollment ID) to check your Aadhaar Status. The EID is displayed on the top of your enrollment/update acknowledgement slip and contains 14 digit enrollment number and the 14 digit date and time of enrollment. Enter the captcha verification code displaying in image then click on status.
If you have lost EID you can retrieve lost or forgotten EID by your registered mobile number. To retrieve your forgotten EID you need to enter your full name, your register mobile number or register email id then enter the captcha verification code displaying in image then click on send OTP. enter the eight digit OTP that you have received then click on login, your EID and 14 digit date and time of enrollment will be send to your registered mobile number or registered email id.
Aadhaar Card Update
Once the verification is completed, you will be notified through SMS to your registered mobile number. After all the above process, within 90 days of visiting the Aadhaar center, the Aadhaar Card will be updated. You can download the e-Aadhaar card.